Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Diary of Medical Student pt 1

*Whew*....It has been a LONG time since I have been back on here. I am happy still remembered my password. But I digress, Life updates: I have recently survived my first term of medical school (WAHOO!!!) I have learned a great deal both medically related and personally. I have a new family and I am truly blessed to meet so many different people who all have a passion to make an impact in health care.

Med school teaches us a lot clinically, academically, socially, professionally etc... However I feel my greatest challenge is time. Never enough of it. Classes, studying, working out, spending time with loved ones outside of school, spend time with my med school family, etc. And when I complain a classmate reminded me that there are 6,000 people who would trade me their best day not in medical school for my worst day in medical school. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and when I am tired and want to complain about there is not enough time I remember I have the same 24 hour clock that Dr. Charles R. Drew had, the same 24 hours that Einstein had. So if they could make due with a 24hour day so can I.

I have two main goals for the rest of my first year. First to remember the things that I enjoy and do those. Second, organize my time more and allow myself time to accomplish my goals for each day. That being said, I plan on starting up my blog full force again.

After that long digression, I want to start up this holiday season with, "What are you thankful for this year?" I am thankful for more than I can address into this blog. But I am thankful for everyone and everything in my life, the ups and downs, the good the bad, and all the challenges that come along with the path of my life. I hope that you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for reading.

Remember Work like everything depends on you. Pray like everything depends on God.

-- Doc Q

No comments:

Post a Comment