Thursday, November 5, 2009

My First time...

So Writing your first blog is like the first time...or at least that's what I've been told. You will rush into it excited and eager. But you will make mistakes, have few typos, a spelling error or an incomplete thought...Anyways, since this is the first one I guess I'll put myself in the spotlight for 2.5 seconds....My life, great, blessed, and on my way to where I am destined to be which by now if you haven't figured out (due to the title of this blog) I am going to become a medical physician. (No applause necessary, not until I get in and do something worthwhile like cure the common cold or flu, cancer, HIV, the list just goes on)....But I digress, outside of the realm of science, I do enjoy reading and writing and prefer it over TV. Though I do enjoy the occasional session of ESPN and Discovery Channel. But the more I have seen of this wonderful invention called the television the more it truly disgust me. Not that all TV is bad, but it seems like on the fast track to oblivion. Why would I say such things? Well since you are reading my blog I figure you want to know so here...The worst thing about TV lies in two simple words "REALITY TELEVISION" it is the WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN! Now in science we cannot just simply state an opinion, we must back it up with facts. So here are a couple of factoids for your delight.

Number 1: Jon and Kate plus 8. I understand that America fell in love with this family and them having 8 kids. But when a family is over-exposed and when these regular people become overnight celebs they cannot handle it. So the family implodes and we get to watch. So we get to see the divorce and the drama...when will it all end? Will protective services intervene and will we get to see the 8 kids hauled off to foster homes? ---Where did I learn all of this info? I watched CNN...which brings me to number 2...

Number 2: News channels reporting on anything but the news. Reality TV has moved into such mainstream that we have A) News media reports on it as if it were actually important B) People acting out (i.e. Balloon Boy) to get in the News to get onto Reality TV. I have lost respect for CNN, what was once a reputable news program, is now tarnishing its image by reporting on this foolishness.

Number 3: My girlfriend (who I love dearly) watches the Hills and City religiously on MTV. I personally think Heidi and Spencer (yes I have watched several episodes with her) are the dumbest people ever and are a complete representation of what the hell is wrong with Reality TV and MTV. MTV...what was once known as Music Television has forgotten what it was once known for. Is now 99% reality TV and 1% music. Hosting the VMAs, but when was the last time you turned on MTV and saw music videos playing?

Ok. I am over this ranting for now. On to the next one...
As always...Work like everything depends on you, pray like everything depends on God
Doc Q

No comments:

Post a Comment