Thursday, May 20, 2010

Big Oil

So before I jet off for a vacation I had to get this off my chest...

I am sure as many of you have already heard that there is a massive amount of oil spilling out into the Gulf of Mexico which is harming a lot of wild life and many different states' industries in fishing and tourism. Overall everyone can pretty much agree that this is a MAJOR problem. Thank you BP!!! (giving them the middle finger)

But honestly, the lackadaisical attitude portrayed by the CEO Tony Hayward is really insulting. At first BP wants to place the blame on the company that was operating the oil rig. Honestly, BP it is your rig, you are responsible. Where did the basics of home training stop applying to real life? Spill your drink, get some paper towel and clean it up or use a mop if necessary.

I think the US should ban or boycott BP. Why? Because this will get their attention, the main way to hurt a company is remove its biggest buyer so it will hit them where it hurts, their wallets! So while it may be futile, as for right now I am not buying BP gas. I hope others follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment