Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recognize Im Baaaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkk!!!!

I know I know I know...WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? Well lemme start. First up, had a med school interview with a school here in Philadelphia. It went well and they seemed to like me. But, they needed me to retake the admissions test. So I took five weeks and put my everything into it. Still feel unsure about it but whatever! I did all I could do in the time I was given. Second, Thesis, Thesis, and more Thesis! I finally truly understand what all my friends at Hampton went through, stressed out about it, cried about it, drive them to drink over it, wanted to jump off the top of S&T. Yeah I get it now. Third, just trying to graduate! So on top of the testing and the thesis, I still managed to pull out 2As and 4Bs, and I'm not gonna lie, I probably could have pulled a couple more A's if I didn't have the other things to contest with but eh, I made it! So whats next? My Heavenly Father willing I will be in med school in fall 2010 and enter into a whole new type of mental abuse and punishment (which of course anyone who wants to be in med school is a glutton for punishment anyways).

But I digress...BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY HOME BY THE SEA! HAMPTON CLASS OF 2010! It was a good look having President Obama giving the commencement speech. And while we celebrate and enjoy having someone in the White House who looks like us, our jobs as graduates of HBCUs is far from done. Class of 2010 enjoy your moment and your summer. Because afterwards the real work begins. Whether its grad school, starting your career or own business, its a grind and the world is not going to give it to you. You have to take it. And you have to believe in your vision when no one else will and don't let anyone stop you. Remember you represent our Hampton and you represent us as a people. Yeah I know we are all individuals and it is unfortunate that we all get pinned together when one messes up. But as future leaders and people with degrees we have the responsibility to lead, set an example and to remain humble; so that we can be the shoulders that next generation stands upon. Yeah I know I sound all nice, warm and fuzzy but honestly, if we do not step up, if we do not help others, and ignore our own, then we better shut the hell up when shit goes awry! And not look to God and ask him 'why?' when we can make the difference here. Class of 2010 you have the tools and the knowledge, you may stumble and fall, but you have the strength to get up and keep going.

But I digress...I ask for your prayers. My mother is undergoing surgery on her foot to replace a torn tendon. I am going home for about six weeks or so to help out and do whatever I can around the house for the folks. So in July look for me in Duval! Aight I am outta here! But I leave you with this, enjoy your victories and prepare yourself for the storm that is heading your way.

On to the Next One~

No comments:

Post a Comment